Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hi everyone, hope your ok? Am gonna have to make this a short Blog as I haven't been in from work very long and I've got lots to be doing! Number one priority being getting into my big bed and sleeping! I am so tired. This first week back since my hols has been a real killer. Thankfully the weather held out today and I managed to avoid getting wet which was a bonus.

I am back in the routine of going to work. I was on an early shift all week and had my rest day on Tuesday but for some strange reason my car started to develop problems again. I think it might be jinxed. I've never had a car that has spent more time in the garage than out on the road before. I don't think it has ANY old parts they have all been replaced. So another 65 quid later it seems to be running fine again for now.

It's been a funny week in that I've tried to get to seeing everyone who missed me whilst I have been away. I of course saw my Mum and then had to go and see my Grandparents and also my other Grandad. I haven't spoken much about any of my older family really. I think I am quite lucky in that majority of them are still with us. all three of them are now in their 80's and very sweet in a kinda old person way lol....None of them live too far from where I live in Brentwood so it's only a case of walking round to see them. I don't get to see much of my Dad's Dad (Fred) because my Dad takes care of him but I see lots of my Mum's parents (May and Wally) because my Mum lives too far away to be around there all the time.

So I went with my Dad to visit my grandad which was great as we don't spend much time on our own together. My Grandad loves his garden and quite rightly so. It's really beautiful all year round. He has lived in the same flat ever since it was built 40 years ago and even has pictures of him building the garden and putting in the hedges etc....You wouldn't even realise the garden is there. His flat is on a big estate near me and behind his hedge is this little piece of paradise.

As you can see from the pictures it's really lovely. He has won a few prizes too which he is very proud of for best garden.









I also helped my Dad out one day in the week which again was good to spend some time with him doing stuff. He has been re-designing his back garden to make it more low maintenance. He has decided to stone it and make it into a kinda ornamental garden with pots n stones and stuff like that. The problem was that he was having 2 ton of stones delivered and with only him and Maureen to move them into the garden from the roadside. They needed to be layed out on the garden and not left in the road or someone might steal them. To make it worse the delivery lorry didn't turn up until late and it was starting to get dark. Luckily with a bit of hard work and a lot of shovelling we managed to move them all in only 1 hour and a half. I was a bit skeptical at first but it really looks nice now. I think they could do with a nice water feature somewhere to finish it off nicely but take a look for yourselves and tell me what you think?

So that's really my week for you. Apart from falling out with Aaron big time and having an argument (I just don't think he gets me or what I'm trying to say or tell him most of the time) ,it's been a real uneventful one which is good but definitely a week for visiting family and friends and helping other people along the way.

Oh and one last thing. Thanks Todd for leaving a nice long comment I'm glad your all well in the U.S.

Have a great week yourselves and speak next week.
Stu.
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home