Sunday, December 10, 2006

Good evening. It's kinda late. I'm the guest blogger this week for Stu. He's had an exhausting day at work! Yes I know it's Sunday but he managed to get himself out of bed early and go in to earn some money. It was such a miserable day today here in London. It rained and rained and rained. I got soaked through! So I'm here sat at the computer with my dressing gown on keeping warm. Bobby and Stu are already in bed keeping my spot warm for when I finish this. Guinea pigs are smart you know! We have Egg credit cards and everything!

It's been a bit weird this week. You could tell that Christmas is here. The traffic jams, the stressed people, the ques! LOL....I have spent so much time this week in the car it's a bit unbelievable. As I'm sure you remember I was due to go see Jamie in his new play BUT instead I spent the evening on the M25 stuck in a traffic jam. So I'm sorry Jamie that i never made it. Maybe i will get to see him sometime this week?



On Monday I went to see my local GP to give him a urine sample. I had to wait 7 days until I gave another one so he could check for blood. It was all clear which is great news really. I've still not been feeling myself over the past few days but I think it's more a cold or something than anything serious.







On Tuesday it was Aaron's birthday. So many happy returns to you Aaron! I know he has been really busy lately but I think he had lots planned to celebrate in style.

On Wednesday we had the sad funeral for my Aunt Pat. The service was a cremation and was being held in a little place called Pitsea. It was a nice new cemetery but it was very cold that day and the place was so open. It was totally surrounded by fields as you can see. My Gran wasn't very well this week and had to take herself down to the doctors so she couldn't come to the funeral. I think she was very upset and frustrated that she couldn't make it. She has got bad bronchitis and wasn't feeling at all well. Thankfully I saw her on Saturday and she seems to be over the worst of it.

The funeral service was quite short but very sad. There was about 30+ people there. Family, friends and neighbours. I did shed a little tear but i know that she wouldn't want any of us to be unhappy for her. She wasn't that sort of person. She just got on with what life threw at her and never moaned about it.



On Friday, Tom and Guy came to London. They went and stayed at the London Hilton Hotel which sounded very swanky to me. They did a show (Chicago) and then had dinner with Chris. I went into town that evening (which again was a mission) but managed to meet with them for the end of the meal. They all seemed to be having lots of fun.

So as you can see so far this week has been mega busy for me. I was on late shift and had all these things to do in the evenings which was a nightmare to fit together. Finishing work at 1930 and having to get home, shower, let the dog out, eat and then travel back into town for 2100 hours!

On Saturday I kept myself busy in the morning with shopping at Tesco's with my Mum and then by 1 o'clock I had to be in Halstead for baby Brooke's christening. Which I must say has been the highlight of my week. It was really great to be involved in something so special. None of us really knew what to expect. It all went to plan. The church was amazing. For those of you who are into the Da Vinci code, it is one of the 5 churches which is round in this country. Linked to the Knights Templar. If you don't know what I'm going on about then go read the book! Or watch the movie. As you can see from the picture it is very old. built in the 1800's I think or even earlier. The service was nice but the vicar was a bit 'weird' to say the least. Brooke was a very good girl and slept through most of it. I'm glad I went and was able to be part of the experience.

After the service we all went to the local village hall for a huge buffet and party. I met up with some of Simon's friends who I haven't seen in years. It was funny to see them all again. To see how most of them are now married or moved away and are doing new things that I never imagined they would ever be doing. It was a good chance for me to meet up with Tasha's family and to see Simon's family again. As you can see Brooke had lots of cards!


After that I had to rush like a madman back into town. I tell ya I was like a Diva going from event to event....LOL. We had our work Christmas evening out. It was arranged ages ago and unfortunately both things clashed. So I tried to go to both to please everyone. Although now I wish I had only gone to the christening and stayed there! We went to see 'We will rock you'. As i'm sure some of you know it's the tribute musical to Queen. Don't get me wrong the music and singing was good but the humour was typical Ben Elton, very predictable and silly! The bad thing about the evening was all the drunks in the audience. There was several people who were asked to leave around us and it nearly kicked off a few times. I couldn't believe it. Why can't some people have one drink and then stop at that? Anyway never mind.

Today I had to work. I had to work extra long hours today, I started at 10 and finished at 8pm which was quite hard work! After lunch I managed to shut my finger in the van door and am feeling the pain as I type right now!I very nearly sliced off the top of my finger so I expect a bit of sympathy in your comments this week! LOL....Then tonight I ended up putting the Christmas tree up. So if you want to avoid any Xmas snaps look away NOW!

That has been my week really. It's off to bed now for me and up again in about 4 hours time to start another week and do it all over again! Thanks to all you readers who have been leaving comments. That's just great. It's nice to know you read and look at the pictures I post.

Before i go I should put one more picture on of my mother. Just to show that she's been in my house again cleaning...This time i caught her in the act! Naughty Mummy!

Well...I hope your all happy and sat at your desks in the warm. Take a couple of seconds out from your busy schedules and think of me I'm probably out in the cold somewhere...he he. Make sure you come back next week to read about whats been going on.

Stu
x


1 Comments:

Blogger Becks4Me said...

Your Grace,

Once again, you spoil your readers for choice. Your life is more varied than the faces of mankind...and Stu's Space is chock-a-block with interesting events.

Dare I say that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest blog."

And we cannot forget the photos. Always insightful. Always provocative (HTML-literate guinea pigs, none-the-least!). Always English. Ahhh, I can almost smell the Sunday roast...

Still, though, you are working too much. I beg you to go on the pull as often as possible LOL It will settle your mind, and stop you from shutting your finger in the door!

We've just finished a last day of Christmas shopping. My god, the humanity. Preston and I were as salmon against the current, doing our best to leap around the frail, the slow, the immensely fat, and the reall just generously clueless.

Kitty remained home all day, regarding the Christmas tree. She's in love with the way the ornaments sway ever-so-slowly in the breezes.

Don't know if you read the news or not but we've just had one hell of a blow in Seattle. Winds of 70 miles per hour and 2 inches of rain left 6 dead from floods and trees falling on them in bed, etc. Just awful. I held Preston tightly as the wind buffeted my house...it was scary! Tornadoes in London...gales in Seattle...what next?

Kitty was resolute throughout, of course. She is well and truly the rock around this house LOL

I cannot wait to see your Christmas blog...please promise me you will post snaps of you in your pressies from me. The parcel better get there or I will be cross...please keep me, erm, posted LOL

Take care, Little Bro. Be good to everyone and buy them lots and lots of pressies :-)

TBR
x.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home